What are the main benefits of mobile banking?
Mobile Banking offers you convenient, fast and easy access to your banking and financial services. It means you no longer need to visit a Branch for your day-to-day banking and can access our services at a time and place that suits you. It gives you immediate access to your finances in a safe and convenient manner. Mobile Banking works with any telecom provider both locally and internationally.
What can i do through commercial bank mobile banking?
- View your account balances and transactions
- Pay your credit card bills
- Transfer between your own accounts
- Transfer money locally to other customers
- Transfer money internationally outside Qatar
- Pay your Ooredoo postpaid (Shahry) bills online
- Top-up instantly with Ooredoo Prepaid (Hala/Vouchers)
- Pay your Kahramaa utility bills online
- Third Party bill payments (Schools/ Clubs/ Insurance/ Qatar Cool)
- Request for Cheque Book
- Send e-Gift to surprise your friends & family with a cash gift on special occasions
- Buy now pay later
- Mobile Cash- Send Cash to anyone in Qatar using their mobile number. Recipients can withdraw funds at any CB ATM without a card
- Activate your Credit or Debit cards online
- Create card PIN online instantaneously
- Block your card temporarily or permanently
- Cash Advance from credit card- Transfer cash from credit card to your account
Who is eligible for this service?
All Commercial Bank account holders with a valid mobile number are eligible for Mobile Banking. CB Mobile Banking currently supports Apple devices (minimum IOS versions allowed are 14.0 and macOS version 11.0) and Android devices (version 8).
How do i login to mobile banking?
Commercial Bank supports the following login options:
- Using your username & password credentials:
If you wish to reset your password kindly use the “Forgot password" option available in the login page.
- Using Fingerprint/ Face ID along with card PIN. To enable fingerprint/ face ID, kindly follow the below steps:
- Please ensure that your fingerprint/ face ID is registered on your device
- Use your username and password to login to mobile app
- Select fingerprint/ face ID registration available under services option and complete the registration process.
What if i am an internet banking user already? Can i just login using these details?
Yes, please download the latest CB Mobile Banking App to your smartphone from the respective stores and use your existing internet banking credentials to login.
Is commercial bank mobile banking secure?
Yes. No personal or financial data is stored on the device itself. Commercial Bank Mobile Banking is as safe as internet banking with added convenience of always being accessible. Data is fully encrypted and transactions are secured using VeriSign Certified Certificates.
What happens if i lose my phone?
As there is no financially sensitive information stored on your phone, your account information cannot be accessed without your unique login credentials. It is important that you DO NOT store your username or password on your phone memory. We recommend that in the event your phone is lost or stolen, you should change your password immediately. If you believe your details have been compromised, you can immediately block access to your accounts by calling us on 4449 5095.
Will i be charged to register for this service?
No, this service is free for our customers.
Can i use the service anytime and anywhere?
Commercial Bank Mobile Banking has been designed to give you secure access to your banking and financial information instantly from anywhere in the world provided your phone is compatible and has access to the internet.
Do i need internet to access mobile banking?
Yes, your device should be connected to the internet via WiFi or mobile data service.
How do i set up fingerprint/ face id login?
You can register for fingerprint/ face ID login on your device by following the below steps:
- Register your Fingerprint/ Face ID with the device
- Login to Commercial Bank Mobile App using your existing username and password
- Select 'Fingerprint/ Face ID Registration' option available under services menu
- From the list of cards, select a card of your choice and enter the PIN number
- Enter the One Time Password sent to your registered mobile number
A success message will be displayed. Thereafter, you may use the fingerprint/ face ID login option by clicking on “Biometrics Login" available on the main login screen.
Which devices support biometric login?
Devices with the following operating system versions support Biometric Login:
- Android version 8 and above
- IOS version 14 and above
Can multiple users register for fingerprint/ face id access on the same device?
No. On a single device, only one user can register for fingerprint/ face ID login. To initiate a new fingerprint/ face ID registration should be deactivated using the delete button available on 'My Devices' under 'Services'
Can i register for fingerprint/ face id login in multiple devices?
Yes, one user can register for fingerprint/ face ID login on multiple devices.
Can the mobile banking app be accessible through mutliple fingerprints registered on a same device?
Yes, once registered for biometric login in a device, any fingerprint which is stored on the device can be used to login to Mobile Banking App. If you wish to restrict other users from accessing your account through the biometric login feature, ensure your card's PIN number is secret and not stored on your device.
How to deactivate the fingerprint/ face id login feature in my device?
In order to deactivate the fingerprint/ face ID login feature in your device, please follow the below steps:
- Login to your account through Mobile App or internet banking
- Click on “Services"
- Click on “My Devices"
- A page will be displayed with all your registered devices
- Click on the delete option available beside the device you wish to deactivate
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number
- Your biometric details on the selected device will be deleted
If my phone is stolen, can somebody else access my account through the fingerprint/ face id login feature?
No, unless your card PIN number is also known, another person cannot access your account. Most importantly, remember to deactivate the biometric access for the device soon after you realize your phone is lost.
What to do if the app is not accepting my registered fringerprint/ face id?
In case the app does not accept your registered fingerprint/ face ID, you can login to your account using the username/ password option. You can deactivate the biometric registration on the device and can register your biometric credentials again.
When the mobile banking app is updated, do i need to do fingerprint/ face id registration again?
No, an upgrade in the Mobile App will not affect your fingerprint/ face ID