Commercial Bank offers multiple ways of activating your card from anywhere, at anytime.
Activate by phone
Call 4449 0000 with your Commercial Bank registered mobile number, enter your telephone banking PIN number and you will be prompted to activate your Debit Card / Credit Card. If you do not have a telephone banking number or if you are using a telephone or mobile number that you have not registered with Commercial Bank then follow these steps:
- Press 1 for Arabic and 2 for English
- Please enter your Debit Card / Credit Card Number, your Account Number or Qatari ID Number
- Enter your registered mobile number
- You will be prompted to enter your telephone banking PIN number.
- Upon successful validation of Telephone Banking PIN (TPIN), you will be automatically prompted to activate your Debit Card / Credit Card
Note: If you are calling from your registered mobile number, you do not require to enter any identification details or TPIN and you will be directly prompted to activate your Debit Card / Credit Card.
Activate by SMS
Send SMS with letter 'D' (for Debit Card) and 'C' (for credit Card) and the last 4 DIGITS of your Card to 92611
Example - If the last 4 digits of your Debit card are 4567, then send D4567 to 92611
If the last 4 digits of your Credit card are 4567, then send C4567 to 92611
Activate through Online Banking
Login to Internet Banking
Click on "My Tools" in the main menu
Select "Manage Your Cards" from the drop down list
4. Your Debit Card / Credit Card that is pending activation will appear in the Debit Card / Credit Card List Summary.
- Click on the "Select" icon in the Services column and select "Activate"
5. When the “Activate card” prompt appears, enter the last 4 digits of the card number, the expiry date then click "Authorise request".
6. Enter the authorisation code sent to your mobile number and your card will be activated.
Activate through Mobile Banking
1. Login to Mobile Banking
2. From the home screen, click on the "Services" icon in the main menu.
3. To activate Debit Card select "Debit Card Services" and to activate Credit Card select "Credit Card Services" from the Services list.
4. Click the "Activate" button appearing next to the card that is pending for activation.
5. Enter the Card expiry date and last 4 digits of the Card number then click the "Confirm” button.
6. Enter the authorisation code sent to your mobile number and your card will be activated